Monday, December 31, 2012

What 2012 Has Taught me

At first thought of the passing of 2012 I thought GOOD RIDDANCE! This was a year from hell. Then I realized tucked away in all of the adversity that I have faced were lessons that have molded me to who I currently am and forced me to evolve. 

It has taught me first and foremost not to take anything or anyone for granted. The first half of this year was possibly the most trying time of my life. It literally felt like everything beneath me was crumbling. I fell into a place where I just got sick of crying and got sick of feeling sorry for myself and the situations around me. 

It taught me to stand up for myself because unless I actively do something, nothing will fall into my lap. It taught me to fight for myself and to toughen up. It forced me to get out of my by default shy shell. It encouraged me to seek out experiences to better myself professionally and personally. I look at my old self from a few years ago and I would not recognize myself. I would not be able to fathom that I would be capable of doing these things. 

While 2012 taught me a lot about myself I truly hope that ushering in 2013 will allow me to simply be happy. Happy by things big and small and to stop worrying so darn much. I worried enough in 2012 to last me a lifetime. I hope to be at peace with situations that I can not change and know that all things have a remarkable way of turning out. I just have to have faith in it and in those involved. I hope to also create time to do those things that IIIIII want to do. I want to have time to be creative, paint, get into photography, expand my knowledge of pharmacy beyond the scope of what is taught in school. I want to allow myself to dream about the future, to be a better leader, and get more involved in the community. I want to make more time for the friendships that I have had for all these years and not dwell upon failed ones.

While I may not necessarily be that thrilled about the hype of New Years Eve this year and spending it away from those I love, I am truly hoping for a better tomorrow and year to come. 

Happy 2013 to you and yours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment